WSET Level 2 Award: Monday Evenings
Monday evenings for six sessions starting 3rd June over 6 weeks
This exciting and structured course is the Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 2 Award and is intended as vocational training in product knowledge for those employed in the drinks industry who have little previous knowledge of the broad range of alcoholic beverages available. The qualification is suitable wherever a good level of product knowledge is required to underpin job skills and competencies.The course is also appropriate for those not employed in the drinks industry but who have a serious interest in wine, and wish to broaden their knowledge in a structured way. This qualification has full accreditation from the UK Government’s Qualifications & Curriculum Authority (NQCF) as a Level 2 Vocational Qualification.
Evening Courses - who are they designed for?
- We run Monday evening sessions for those who are unable to sacrifice a working day or a weekend.
- The sessions run for 2.5 hours, starting at 7pm
- There are 6 evening sessions. At the end of the final session is the exam (final session 2-2.5 hours)
Course Outline (all Monday evenings):
- 3rd Jun - Session 1 - Introduction & Tasting Technique
- 10th Jun - Session 2 - Grapegrowing & Winemaking (3 hours)
- 17th Jun - Session 3 - Grape Varieties 1 & 2
- 24th Jun - Session 4 - Grape Varieties 3 & Italy, Spain & Portugal
- 1st Jul - Session 5 - Sparkling & Sweet wines, Fortified Wines & Spirits
- 8th Jul - Session 6 - Exam preperation & 1-hour Exam (3 hours)
Whats included in the Course Fee?
- All WSET course materials including; Looking Behind the Label course manual, Study Guide, Specification book and Tasting Card
- Use of ISO professional tasting glasses
- All tasting wine (approx 30-35 wines)
- All course handouts
- All course tuition
- Examination Paper
Course tutor: Cherie Agnew
"I finished the WSET2 course with Cherie last night and just wanted to say that she is a true legend!! What a fab teacher. It was a shame I didn't get to say a proper thank you after the test. Please can you let her know that she was utterly fab and its been a really good few weeks? Thank you!!" (Katie Simmonds, April 2012)
Places Available: 4
Course Date/Time: Mon 3rd Jun 2013 at 7pm
Duration: 2.5 hours
Venue: The Wine Cellars, Fulham