WSET Level 3 Award - Fridays
Fridays for 7 sessions starting 30th March
This well-structured and in-depth Advanced certificate is a course designed for anyone wishing to gain comprehensive knowledge of wines and spirits and build upon the knowledge gained at Intermediate level. You will acquire a thorough understanding of the factors influencing the style, quality and price of wines from key wine producing regions of the world. You will also develop analytical tasting skills using the systematic approach to tasting as tasting will be part of the examinations. This qualification has full accreditation from the UK Government’s Qualifications & Curriculum Authority as a Level 3 Vocational Qualification and provides the knowledge required for those wishing to progress on to the Diploma Level 4.
If you are an employer wishing to train your staff this course will equip them with knowledge and understanding of a wide range of products. This course is suitable for someone in a supervisory level position in wine sales and service.
Friday Sessions - who are they designed for?
- We run Friday sessions so you can take a longer weekend thus not disrupting your working week too much
- The sessions run for 7-8 hours, starting at 10am and finishing at 5:30pm, which enables you plenty of time to arrive on time and enough time to enjoy your valued Friday evening
- There are 6 full sessions and an exam session, spread out over 12 weeks. The final exam day is 10am - 3pm.
Course Outline (all Fridays every 2 weeks)
- 30th Mar - Session 1 - Course Starter, tasting technique, grape-growing & winemaking
- 13th Apr - Session 2 - France; Burgundy, Alsace, Bordeaux, Loire, Rhone & others
- 27th Apr - Session 3 - Germany, Austria, Hungary, Italy
- 11th May - Session 4 - Spain, Portugal, North America, Chile
- 25th May - Session 5 - Argentina, SA, Australia, New Zealand, Sparkling Wines
- 8th Jun - Session 6 - Fortified Wines, Spirits & Liqueurs, Others
- 22nd Jun - Session 7 - Revision Session, Exam
What's included in the Course Fee?
- All WSET course materials including; Course manual, Study Guide, Specification book and Tasting Card
- ISO professional tasting glasses
- All tasting wine (approx 70-80 wines)
- All course handouts (we have a comprehensive database of past exam papers/practice questions)
- All course tuition
- Examination Papers (Theory Multiple Choice & Written plus Tasting Paper)
Course tutors: Jimmy Smith & Quentin Sadler
Jimmy has 7 years industry experience teaching WSET, training over 1200+ students through both the Intermediate and Advanced certificates. With high pass rates across both certifcates and number of students gaining scholarships from Jimmy's courses, they are thoroughly enjoyable but informative and educational with ample course material available designed by Jimmy.
"I would highly recommend this course - Jimmy makes wine fun, engaging and accessible. Whilst his knowledge is sky-high, he's able to weave humour into his class, bringing the different regions to life and making you thirsty to learn more about the wonderful world of wine."(Lucy Shaw, WSET Advanced Course August 2010)
"The team all are so keen and I'm sure that is in no small part to your enthusiasm in teaching. Thanks again for what has been an invaluable training but also team building excersise with these core staff who now have a real connection." (Andrew Lundy, Vino Wines Staff Advanced Course, March 2010)
Places Available: 5
Course Date/Time: Fri 30th Mar 2012 at 10am
Duration: 7-8 hours
Venue: The Wine Cellars, Fulham