8 Week Intro Courses £110+
"A relaxing and comfortable atmosphere to learn about wine from a tutor and company who are sincere about their love and deep knowledge on the subject. Fantastic." (Adrian, 17th June)
The 8-week World Course is structured as a practical introduction to the world of wine. It is designed specifically for people who enjoy wine and would like to learn more about it. You do not need any previous experience, and the emphasis is on learning by tasting different varieties of wine. It is also a great way to meet new friends who share your love of wine. You will soon learn which wines you like and where to buy them.
- Over 60 wines will be tasted in 8 weeks
- Retail prices of wines tasted will be from £4.99 to over £30.00.
- Discover where to obtain today's best value for money wines.
- Wine & Food Matching advice
- Common wine faults - how to spot them
- Storing & Serving wine advice
- Taste the worlds major Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Semillon, Viognier, Pinot Grigio, Chenin Blanc, & many others
This 8-week Wine Course can also be purchased as a great Gift idea for any occasion
Please Note: There is an additional charge (in addition to the Course Fee of £110) of £10 per evening (approx £23.75 per evening, usual cost £27.50 per evening).
WHAT IF I HAVE TO MISS ANY EVENINGS?
Not a problem. You may either send a substitute, or pick up the missed session on a subseqent World Course, or obtain a refund voucher valid for any of our West London Wine School courses and tastings.
COURSE PROGRAMME (8 weeks):
1. France I - Burgundy & Loire; plus tasting skills, aroma tests, understanding wine labels
2. France II - Bordeaux, Rhone, South France; plus how wine is made & the use of oak
3. Alsace, Germany, Austria & UK; plus how to serve wine - temperature & decanting, and the importance of soil
4. Italy, Spain & Portugal; plus new regions & wines, supermarket v independents, food & wine matching
5. Australia & New Zealand - The different regions; plus the use of oak, other wine treatments
6. Chile & Argentina; plus the importance of climate & weather
7. North America & South Africa; plus how to store wine & why, common wine faults
8. Sparkling and Dessert Wines from around the World plus Champagne - how it's made, difference between Vintage/Non Vintage. What is Premier/Grand Cru? Where to buy the best Champagne & lots of food matching!
WHAT SHOULD I GET FROM THE COURSE ?
By the end of the 8 Evenings you will have gained a good understanding of the worlds major grape varieties and the wine styles they produce. You will have learnt to taste wine like a professional, and be able to identify a corked wine. You will also have an appreciation of the worlds major wine regions and the wines they produce. You will also have learnt which foods match well with which wines and why. You will also have developed your sense of smell and wine vocabulary.
Professional ISO tasting glasses, comprehensive tasting notes, tasting sheets, maps and some food are all provided.
"I attended the 8 week introductory wine course, and can echo the sentiments expressed in the previous reviews. The course was hugely informative, the atmosphere relaxed, and the wine selection excellent. Jimmy clearly has a real passion for his subject which was evident throughout his presentation of the course material. I will definitely be booking more classes." (William Jeremy, 8-week Graduate)
"I would definitely recommend WLWS - a gift voucher would make a great present." (Annabel, 8-week Graduate)
LAST FEW PLACES WHO IS THIS COURSE DESIGNED FOR? The introductory 8 week Wonderful World of Wine Course is structured as a practical introduction to the world of wine. It is designed specifically
Places remaining: 6
WHO IS THIS COURSE DESIGNED FOR? The introductory 8 week Wonderful World of Wine Course is structured as a practical introduction to the world of wine. It is designed specifically for people
Places remaining: 20
WHO IS THIS COURSE DESIGNED FOR? The introductory 8 week World of Wine Course is our most popular course and is structured as a practical introduction to the world of wine. It is
Places remaining: 20