Sherry & Tapas £35
Andalucia in South Spain houses both the home of Sherry, Jerez de la Frontera and the home of tapas, Sevilla. The complexity and diversity of both make them fantastic candidates for some of the most interesting, informative and fun wine and food matching. Our Sherry & Tapas Tastings include practical demonstrations of how different food elements combine with differing styles of wine. A selection of 7-8 delicious sherries are tasted with different types of tapas.
At a Sherry & Tapas Tasting you'll be matching:
- Aperitif Moscatel with mixed fruit salad
- Dry fino with olives, walnuts & almonds
- Dry Manzanilla with sardines & apple (Heston B recipe)
- Dry amontillado with pecorino/manchego cheese drizzled in honey
- Palo Cortado 30 year old with serrano ham, gingerbread & pâté
- Sweet Oloroso 30 year old with fruit cake & stilton
- and the uber-sweet Pedro Ximenez 30 year old drizzled over vanilla ice cream & dark chocolate
If you still believe sherry is yesterday's tipple from generations passed and that it should only be seen at Christmas then this tasting will change your mind. This is the tasting that consistently surprises people and they often go forth with a new love for Sherry!
"Jimmy is a Sherry nut... and uses the platform to try out some exciting new pairings. Jimmy pushed the experimental envelope with his matches pairing the Manzanilla with sardines and apple - It worked suprisingly well!" (Wine & The City Blog, Lucy Shaw March 2010)
The Sherry & Tapas Tastings also make great gift ideas for any occasion.
"Jimmy is a Sherry nut... and uses the platform to try out some exciting new pairings. Jimmy pushed the experimental envelope with his matches pairing the Manzanilla with sardines and
Places remaining: 25